I want to install Mcafee securtiy. They say I cannot because I have windows xp internet explorer 32 bit and 64 bit both installed. They say I need to uninstall both then reinstall the 64 bit. Is this the best thing to do? If so how do I do it?
Anwsers to the Problem: Unable to install McAfee Security software
To focus in the right direction, could you please provide the exact error message that you receive while installing McAfee security software.
What is the version of Internet Explorer that you’re currently running?
Note: If you’re using Internet Explorer Version 6 on your computer, then you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer 6 is the default web browser that comes along with Windows XP.
In other words, you cannot
uninstall a Windows component that is integrated with the operating system.
If you’ve a later version of Internet Explorer 6, then you can try uninstalling it by following the steps mentioned in the link below.
Visit the links that talk about how to uninstall Internet Explorer.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
Uninstall Internet Explorer 8
Note: If you don't reinstall Internet Explorer 8, your computer will revert to Internet Explorer 7 and the Internet Explorer 7 cumulative updates that were on your computer before installing Internet Explorer 8.
Microsoft Update to be sure your computer isn't missing the latest Internet Explorer 7 updates.
The same statement holds good for Internet Explorer 6.
Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
Sfc /scannow command can fix errors - Unable to install McAfee Security software
The sfc command is also known as System File Checker which is a very helpful utility to verify and replace important system files. When it scans the whole system and finds any missing, corrupt or damaged system files, it will replace the problematic files. This can fix the problem if the file is provided by Microsoft.
Check if hardware is working properly
If you still receive Unable to install McAfee Security software error message after you perform a clean installation of your Operating System, it's certain that this problem should be caused by a bad hardware. You can test each piece of hardware devices and find out and then replace the problematic one.
What do Users Say about this software?
Es ist einfach wunderbar Liebe hat es ein muss ein Freund steckte es in mein Kinder-System und es ist so gut, schnell und sauber, das System zu beheben, wenn es sehr läuft seine sehr cool langsam... Mehr
- Marguerite Santiago
- Using Index/Match Functions with a Number and Date Lookup [Answered]
- Unable to backup on a home network Tech Support
- Unable to share wireless internet with other wireless devices
- Update one pivot table with values from another - VB code
- Troubleshoot: unable to import songs from DVD to iTunes
- How to Fix Error - Unable to install McAfee Security software?
- How to Fix Error - Unable to access network drive or unable to mount network drive. Error "Network Path was not found".?
- Unable to restore system. There are no restore points beyond this morning. [Answered]
- Unable to use Windows XP mode Tech Support
- How to Resolve - Unable to use IRS web page using IE8 - Internet Explorer closes briefly and restores the page?
- Troubleshooting: Using VBA to Search for Shape Name
- How to Fix - Unable to open website, error message "This webpage not available due to DNS, firewall preventing Google chrome or misconfiguring the network".?
- Fast Solution to Error: Until yesterday links to mp3 files played in Windows Media Player, now I am only offered to save a download.
- Troubleshooting: Unable to use ManyCam properly Error
- Fast Solution to Error: USB HSF Modem Driver for CX-9Z-NR0226 on Windows/8 not found.
- [Solution] USB Video Device has a driver problem__ __There is a problem with the driver for USB Video Device.__Device information __Name: USB Video Device __ID: USB\VID_05CA&PID_180C&MI_00\6&69C3BD0&0&0000 __Error code: 10 __ __ __
- User Guide to: Using VLOOKUP or "MATCH and INDEX" - How use two "Lookup_Values" in one function
- Troubleshoot: Unable to download Google Chrome on my computer
- Troubleshoot: Using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 - Streaming Radio Stops When Window Is Minimized (or pinned & minimized)
- User Guide to: unable to install Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-025
- How Can You Fix - Help undoing #VALUE! error embedded in a formula?
- Tech Support: Excel 07 How to keep row 1 and column A on screen while scolling up/across?
- User Guide to: Extracting data in excel in 2007.__
- Tech Support: everytime i try to send mail through internet explorer the message fails to reach and i get a screen message saying that windows outlook had stopped working what is the solution for this problem?
- How to Fix Error - answer center has detected one or more issues that need to be reviewed it is with the maintenance states need to set up back up files. do i need to do this and how do i do this??
- "An unknown error has occurred" message displayed when trying to move an email to a folder in Windows Live Mail under Vista.
- Fast Solution to Problem: Downloading stationary to email
- [Solved] CD/DVD DRIVE NOT WORKING SINCE INSTALLING WINDOWS 8.
- How Can You Fix - Word 2007 - View File Name and Path In Word?
- How do I stack data in Excel 2007? [Answered]
- How Can You Fix - 100% CPU utilization by "system" process shortly after startup.?
- Troubleshooter of Error: Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
- Troubleshooter of Error: Excel adds a (1) to file name on Saving file.
- Fast Solution to Error: How do I transfer files from an old windows XP computer to a new windows 7 computer?
- Troubleshoot: My computer won't print to the Dell printer unless I plug in cord. Isn't there a way for this to work as a wireless printer since printer is in another room? Error
- How to Resolve - Need help with macro to get data from a 2nd workbook and paste into the first blank row of the active sheet in the original file.?
- How to Resolve - Host process stops & AUDIODG.EXE issues causing severe performance problems?
- Troubleshooter of Error: Windows 7 Home Premium, connecting to a Printer on a Router
- Tech Support: hola a todos.
- Formula to extract a store number [Answered]